Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Don't put all your eggs in one basket

We've all heard this before but did I heed this advice?  Not very well.  One of the most important if not THE most important things you can do after you build a website is get traffic to it.  If you don't have traffic, you may as well not have a website. 
Recently I've seen the traffic to www.katieshugs.com drop off in a big way.  Especially over the past week.  At first I put it down to the fact that the weather is nice and not as many people are sitting around their computers.  This may still be a contributing factor.  I haven't changed any of the things I normally do to drive traffic so this made a little bit of sense but I am talking about a drastic change in traffic levels.  Well yesterday when I was at one of the forums where a large majority of my traffic comes from I noticed an announcement had been posted.  Turns out they have had some upheavals with members spreading rumors about their moderators and THEIR traffic has dropped by a considerable amount.  Well, there ya go!  I don't spend a lot of time promoting all over the web like I see others do and I felt comfortable with the traffic levels I had so I never worried much about it.  With the decrease though, it is affecting my income a great deal so now I need to be concerned.  Just goes to prove, don't put all your eggs in one basket!
 
 
 
Technorati Tags : , , , , , , , , , , ,
 
 
 
 
Powered By Qumana

No comments: