Thursday, June 01, 2006

My real day off

I finally got a day off!  It was NOT an easy thing to do.  I spent most of the afternoon fighting the urge to check and answer emails or update my blogs. 
We spent the morning at the doctors office.  Hubby has developed Bursitis and it is not getting better so we took him for a steroid shot which cost over $300 and still didn't help.  Then it was time to take Katie to school.  After she was in school I actually sat down and finished the book I was reading which is only about two weeks overdue from the library. 
By the time I finished reading I was definately ready to take a nap but of course that didn't happen.  I was too afraid I would forget to wake up before school was out.
With the exception of cooking dinner, snacking all day and watching a couple of shows on tv, that was the extent of my long awaited day off.  Hopefully next week will be more exciting! 
I really did have to question WHY it was so hard for me to just sit still and enjoy the day off.  I know it is important and that we need to rejuvinate our minds, souls and bodies but it was not an easy task!   I think it is one of those things that we just have to get in the habit of.  Give yourself a break at least once a week right from the beginning and it will be easier and easier as time goes on. 
 
 
 
Technorati Tags : , , , , , , , , , ,
Powered By Qumana

No comments: